As an Pinterest addict and food lover I kept reading about whipped coconut milk. Supposedly you’d need coconut milk in a can without guar gum. I’ve been everywhere and couldn’t find any here! Until, I came across Got-tan coconut milk in a carton! Nothing’s added to this one, it’s just coconut milk and water. But the blogs said, you have to keep in in the fridge overnight and then scoop off the thick layer on top. Well, that didn’t happen….out of frustration I just threw in the whole carton and then turned whisks on…wait what?! It whipped just like that!
It’s light and fluffy, a little less stiff than regular whipped cream but otherwise almost completely the same.
Well, I had whipped coconut now. Now I needed a recipe to put it on. Ok, back to Pinterest. raw/vegan/gluten free carrot cake that you can make in less than 20 mins? Hell yeah!
The original recipe came from Shine on raw, but I tweaked it a little bit. Especially because it was to serve 8 people and no way i’m making so much. If it’s good I know I will eat it all! (and boy, do I love carrot cake!)
Anyway, here it is enjoy! xx M
- 1 cup of carrot pulp (or grated carrot but make sure you squeeze the moisture out of it)
- 6 Pitted dates
- ½ cup of mixed nuts
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp of water
- 1 tbsp of carrot juice (optional, can also add another tbsp of water)
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- For the frosting:
- One pack of go-tan coconut milk (make sure it has got no additives)
- If you'd like you can sweeten the whipped coconut with a dash of agave syrup
- Put the nuts and dates and vanilla extract in the food processor and mix until it starts to stick together.
- Put it in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, mix them well. Then mold into the shape you want it. Make sure to but a sheet of baking paper in the pan or object you would use for shaping because it's very sticky!
- For the whipped cream:
- Whip the cream, that's all! Might take a little while though, be patient.