A new fresh new year has just started and I like to start the year off with some nice new goals and intentions for the time to come. (even if I usually forget all about it after a few months)
I would love to start of this year with more self-love, and I don’t mean in a sexual way. Just taking care of myself in the form of meditation, a bit of exercise and generally doing more of the things that I enjoy to do.
2016 has been quite a heavy year for me, I moved to Australia, moved house two times while I was here. Getting to know the country/city I’m in and trying to get a bit of a social network. Meanwhile stressing over my visa, getting the farmwork done for it and then waiting ages for the approval (and now it’s starting all over again because we have to figure out what we are going to do for the next visa). It’s been a good year where I finally got to be with my love and see his country but also one where I intensely missed my family and friends. And finding a job was a long journey and I still feel I’m not really satisfied with where I am today.
Anyway, 2017 is a new clean slate and I would love to share with you some of my good intentions for the new year:
* Live healthfully – The last year has been a challenge to eat healthy here to be honest, I feel there’s a bit of a take-out culture and finding it hard to break that cycle, also exercising wasn’t always easy because I’m trying really hard to find a lovely cosy personal place to work out and still haven’t found that. (I joined a mega gym which I regretted from the moment I signed up and of course never went again)
– Anyway, I want to achieve this by making a meal plan for a few days/week and buy everything at once so we won’t go to the supermarket every day to get the last ingredients and come home with a lot more because we were hungry.
– Also, I’m going to try and find a nice yoga centre where I feel comfortable and relaxed.
– Meditate, I used to do this every morning when I got up with a guided meditation on my phone but I stopped it after a while and I couldn’t get back into it and I would love to continue this practice because it does make me feel way more relaxed and ready for the day to come.(Headspace is a lovely app for your phone which gives you ten guided meditations for free!)
* Do more of what I love. I really enjoy learning new things, like on my list at the moment are learning how to shoot a bow and arrow (our Christmas gifts to each other) and to do a pottery course. But for some reason it takes me a long time to actually get myself to do these things and that’s silly if you know it’s going to make you feel good right?
* In the same category, but I thought it deserved it’s own little star is reading more. I used to stay up all night to finish a book I was really into but lately I don’t seem to concentrate long enough to actually start a new book. So, my mission is to read at least one book a month.
* And last but not least is quite a big one, I would love to starts my own company. I honestly have no idea yet in what, but I know it will be something in the creative sector.
Well, it has gotten quite a big list hasn’t it? And I still can think of so many more things I would love to make into a habit but I don’t want to bore you guys to death haha!
Have you got any new year’s intentions?